The executive committee of the Confederation of European Baseball (CEB) held a meeting at the CEB office in Zagreb, Croatia last weekend. Several items were discussed and the following results get announced:
• After awarding the 2016 Senior European Championship to Hoofddorp, Netherlands and the Royal Dutch Baseball and Softball Association (KNBSB), CEB awards the 2018 Senior European Championship to Bonn and Solingen, Germany and the German Baseball and Softball Federation (DBV). Germany will organize a Senior European Championship for the 6th time. Bonn and Solingen together with Cologne hosted the 2001 Senior European Championship.
• The 2016 Juveniles (U12) European Championship will be awarded to Trebic, Czech Republic and the Czech Baseball Association (CBA).
• The announced foreigner rule got approved by the executive committee and will be valid from January 1, 2016: The participation of foreign players in the Cup competitions is regulated as follows: The players who have a different nationality than that of the country the team represents and have a different nationality than one of the CEB Member Federations, are considered foreign players.
• The executive approved the following new members of the Technical Commission, Umpire Commission and Scorer Commission: Jordi Valles (Spain, Technical Commission), Christian Posny (Germany, Umpire Commission), Stephanie Winkler (Germany, Scorer Commission).
• The next joint CEB-ESF Congress will be held from February 12-13, 2016 in the Hoofddorp/Amsterdam airport area in the Netherlands.
Photos by Walter Keller