The International University Sports Federation (FISU) has unveiled the participants to the baseball tournament of the 2017 Summer Universiade.
Czech Republic, France and Russia will represent Europe alongside Americas Mexico & United States and Asia's China, Chinese Taipei, South Korea and Japan.
The competition takes place in Taipei from August 20 to 29, 2017.
More information on the 2017 Summer Universiade website.
History of Baseball at FISU
Baseball entered the FISU World University Championships programme in 2002
with a first edition organised in one of the top European baseball
nation, Italy. Indeed, on the occasion of this 1st World University
Baseball Championship, Messina gathered 203 of the best student baseball
players in the world. Since then, Asia has hosted the World University Baseball Championship twice:
in 2004 in Tainan (TPE) and in 2010 in Tokyo (JPN), while Cuba has hosted the event in 2006.
In 2015, baseball was back at the Summer Universiade for the first time since 1995 as an optionnal sport in Gwangju, South Korea. Japan won the competition.
- - 2015 - 28th Summer Universiade - Gwangju (KOR) - Baseball Optional Sport
- - 2010 - 5th WUC Baseball - Tokyo (JPN)
- - 2008 - 4th WUC Baseball - Prague (CZE)
- - 2006 - 3rd WUC Baseball - Havana (CUB)
- - 2004 - 2nd WUC Baseball - Tainan (TPE)
- - 2002 - 1st WUC Baseball - Messina (ITA)
- - 1995 - 18th Summer Universiade - Fukuoka (JPN) - Baseball Optional Sport
- - 1993 - 17th Summer Universiade - Buffalo (USA) - Baseball Optional Sport